The score sheets for Kings and Queen’s A and S Championships are now up.
The 2015 Kings and Queens Arts and Science Championship will take place on March 7 Saturday March 7th in the Barony of L’lle du Dragon Dormant (Montreal). Please see the Kingdom Announcement for Event details.
The championship will be judged as a body of work. Entrants shall enter a minimum of two items with a maximum of five. No item should have won a previous King’s or Queen’s Championship. Each item should have been made within three years of the competition. The items can be from a single discipline or from multiple disciplines. The winner of the competition is the Queen’s Champion of Arts and Science. The King determines the Kings Champion of Arts and Science. Please see the complete announcement here:
Competition Registration Information
Please email the Registration form or the information to Master Luke Knowlton at Lukeknowlton@gmail.com with the subject line A&S CHAMPIONS REGISTRATION
Entrants MUST register in by February 1st, 2015 in order to coordinate judges.
East Kingdom Arts and Science Competition Registration
Research Papers and other Written Entries to be received no later than February 1st, 2015.Please email the entries with the subject line A&S CHAMPIONS WRITTEN ENTRY to both:
- Mistress Rainillt de Bello Marisco at email@example.com
- Master Luke Knowlton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Judging: Those interested in Judging please contact Master Luke Knowlton at the email above with the subject line A & S CHAMPIONSHIP JUDGING
Cooking Access: For entrants requiring cooking / kitchen access: it will be limited, but available. Please contact Cellach Donn Mhican Mhadaigh email@example.com, Phone: 450-667-1292 for further information and to have a spot reserved.
For those who haven’t been able to participate in the previous incarnations, there is now a site that does not require a facebook account: EKAE
See the East Kingdom gazette announcement here
I hope you enjoy participating in it, or maybe consider adopting the idea locally as an excuse for gatherings and workshops.
Greetings and Happy Friday!
Their Majesties has chosen my successors: it is Lady Gabriella de Bas Serra
The transition will happen at the King’s and Queen’s A&S competition in Dragonship Haven.
Please support her as you have me. It has been a joy to hold this office and interact with passionate and talented people, and I look forward to have a little more time for my own A&S endeavours.
Enjoy your day
The East Kingdom University (EKU) is looking for someone to work with the university and the kingdom Webminister’s office on a special project. We are looking for someone who is familiar with MySQL and PHP to create forms and reports for a database that the EKU is looking to build.
If you are willing to give some of your time, or if you have more questions about the project, please send the EKU Chancellor an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greetings and salutations from Brunissende Dragonette,
First, the very important note: I will be stepping down at this coming King’s and Queen’s Arts & Sciences Champions (early 2013) and am now calling for applications from people interested in the office.
Please email their majesties and cc me your applications/CV, or contact me if you have any question.
Per EK law: The Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences:
a. Acts as advisor in all matters pertaining to the Arts and Sciences within the Kingdom to The Crow and subjects of the Kingdom, and supports study in those areas.
b. Supervises the Lesser Office of Chancellor of the East Kingdom University.
c. At the request of The Crown, works with the Kingdom Chamberlain to coordinate and supervise the creation of regalia.
The current policies of the office can be found there http://forums.eastkingdom.org/showthread.php?6-Arts-and-Sciences-office-policies-For-information
Also, the Arts & Sciences office is looking for a dedicated webminister (to maintain/update a wordpress site), and for a deputy who would have an advisory role for groups and event stewards interested in organizing Arts and Sciences competitions and/or displays. If you are interested and/or if you want more information, please contact me at email@example.com
Remember to check the events page of the East Kingdom for these incoming November events involving Arts & Sciences:
Out of Kingdom
- Friday 9th-Sunday 11th. Kingdom of the Middle Known World Academy of the Rapier/Known World Costuming Symposium
- Saturday 17th. Kingdom of AEthelmarc Coppertree Cooks Collegium
- Saturday 10th – Barony of Dragonship Haven St. Eligius Arts & Science Competition & Pentathlon
- Saturday 10th – Barony of Carolingia A Day in the Caliph’s Court — An SCA Schola in Carolingia
- Saturday 10th – Barony of Concordia of the Snows Bjorn’s Ceilidh
- Friday 16th to Sunday 18th – Crown Province of Ostgard Musicians’ Day
- Saturday 3rd – Shire of Hartshorn-dale: Artisans’ Challenge and Display
- Saturday 17th – Shire of Buckland Cross: Delirus Mediaevalis Scientia Feriae (Mad Medieval Science Fair)
The date and place for the next King’s and Queen’s A&S Champions is now on the calendar: It will be held in Dragonship Haven on February 16th 2013.
Go check the rules and, even if you’re not interested in entering the competition, there will be a display and a challenge to honor the late Master Alexander Younger.
See you there.
Remember to check the events page of the East Kingdom for these incoming October events involving Arts & Sciences:
- Friday 5th – Sunday 7th – Tir-Mara Crown Principality East Kingdom University: Shire of Bois Ardent
- Saturday 13th – La Boustifaille on the Spice Road: Barony of Havre des Glaces
- Friday 5th – Sunday 7th – Arts & Arrows II: Shire of Glenn Linn
- Saturday 6th – Winter Nights: Barony of Concordia of the Snows
- Saturday 6th – Fallish Fiber Frolic: Canton of Brokenbridge
- Saturday 13th – The Coronation of Edward II and Thyra I: Barony of Concordia of the Snows
- Saturday 20th – Baronial Birthday & Northern Region A&S Champions: Barony of Stonemarche
- Saturday 20th – The ‘Yet Unnamed’ Masqued Ball: Shire of Coill Tuar
- Friday 19th -Sunday 21st Ghost, Ghouls and Goblins 15th Anniversary : Barony of Carillion
- Saturday 20th – Shire Wars II : Fauna vs. Flora: Shire of Blak Rose
- Saturday 27th – Stranger’s Ball: Canton of Black Icorndall
- Let us know if you think your event should be added to this list.