The EK Arts and Sciences Consultation tables are provided to allow everyone the opportunity to meet with experienced artisans to discuss A&S within the SCA. These tables are designed to help artists of the Society further their own journey on their chosen A&S path, discussing and getting advice on project scope, documentation, research, and potential pitfalls of present and future projects. The consultation tables bring together a network of artisans who can support all types and stages of projects, from beginning to advanced. The tables are a safe space to discuss your ideas and get advice! Even if you never plan to enter a competition, the consultants at the tables are here to help you improve and advance your art.
Upon request, the artisans running the consultation tables will also be able to provide advice for those who may want to enter A&S competitions, including Crown’s A&S. The scoring rubric for the competition can be discussed, including familiarization with the purpose of the rubric, how it is used, and mock scoring.Do you want to:
- attend a consultation table in your area?
- become a consultant?
- shadow a consultant to learn what this is all about?
- host a consultation table at your event?
Please contact email@example.com to discuss how you can be part of the process!
Not able to attend a consultation table in the near future? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Consultation Tables
- Harper’s Retreat, Stonemarche. Sat. Sep. 1, 1pm-3pm. The table will be in the Friendship Lodge.
- Endewearde Hunt, Endewearde, Oct. 10-14, times TBD
- St. Eligius, Dragonship Haven. Sat. Nov. 16, times TBD
- East Kingdom University, Ruantallan. Sat. Nov. 30, time TBD
Note: There will be a sign up sheet at the table where artisans can note their interest in having a consultation if the consultant is already occupied.