Greetings! Coming up over the next few weeks the MoAS office will be offering several classes and consultation opportunities, both at events & online. These are designed for & open to absolutely ANYONE who is interested in learning more about A&S in the society & the East Kingdom.More detailed information about these opportunities is included after the schedule below. Please e-mail if you have questions or wish to host an A&S table or class at your event. We will update this list on our website and send out announcements as other opportunities are scheduled.
- St. Eligius, 11/16
- Floating Consultation Table, Master Galefridus Peregrinus & Master Onora ingheainn Ui Rauric. (A signup sheet will be available at the registration desk the day of the event and consultants will meet entrants at their display tables.)
- EK Rubric Class, Mistress Elena Hylton, 11am-1pm
- Consent in A&S: Giving an Recieving Feedback, Mistress Elena Hylton 1:30-3pm
- Online Class, 11/21 (Thursday), 7:00-8:30pm
- EK University in Runtallan, 11/30, 10:00-11:00am
- A&S Panel, Mistress Alisay de Falaise. Led by the MoAS deputy for Tir Mara, Mistress Alisay welcomes all who have questions about A&S in the Society and Kingdom. If you can not attend the panel at this time, Mistress Alisay invites you to approach her with your questions/concerns at other times during the event.
- Bhakail Yule, 12/14
- Consultation Table, 11:30-1:30 (Library), Mistress Lissa Underhill & Mistress Margaretha La Fauvelle
- EK Rubric Class, 12:30-1:30 (Library), THL Mariette de Bretagne & Mistress Lissa Underhill
What is an EK Consultation Table?
The EK Arts and Sciences Consultation tables are provided to allow everyone the opportunity to meet with experienced artisans to discuss A&S within the SCA. These tables are designed to help artists of the Society further their own journey on their chosen A&S path, discussing and getting advice on project scope, documentation, research, and potential pitfalls of present and future projects. The consultation tables bring together a network of artisans who can support all types and stages of projects, from beginning to advanced. The tables are a safe space to discuss your ideas and get advice! Even if you never plan to enter a competition, the consultants at the tables are here to help you improve and advance your art.
What is the EK Rubric Class?
In an attempt to familiarize more people with the scoring rubric used for Crown’s Arts & Sciences Champions, we are holding workshops designed to give both potential judges and artisans a more thorough understanding of the rubric and how it is used to score A&S projects. However, artisans not interested in competing in Crown’s A&S may also benefit from learning more about expectations for high level A&S competitions in the society by reviewing the rubric. All are welcome and encouraged to attend these classes.