About the Competition
Those considering entering are advised that this is a high level competition where the focus is on picking the kingdom arts and sciences champions. The judging is rigorous, and entrants are expected to be familiar with the kingdom A&S rubric, which will be used to assess entries. The duties of the champions include representing the Crown at events and participating in the Pennsic A&S War Point.
If anyone is not able to make those commitments, or does not wish to serve as champion, we encourage them instead to sign up to display at the event. Display spaces will be available on a first come first serve basis, and feedback will be available to those displaying.
We are asking that entrants review all of the material on this website about the competition. However, a few pieces of information we wish to specifically highlight are listed below.
- Advanced submission of documentation will be required of competition entrants due to judging time constraints at the event.
- The site does not have a dayboard. Please provide your own lunch.
- To help judges, we have scheduled rubric training sessions at events and online. While prospective judges do not have to attend these sessions, it is highly encouraged. Please keep an eye out for more information about this.
- Research Paper Submissions- March 2
- Competition Registration Deadline- March 9
- Judge Registration Deadline- March 9
- Documentation Submission Deadline- March 16
- Display Registration Deadline- March 23
- Date of Competition– March 30
If you have questions about the competition format, display, judging, or if you would like assistance preparing for the competition, please contact the Kingdom A&S Minister, Master Philip White (firstname.lastname@example.org).