Registration for Crown’s A&S Champions 2024 is now open!
About the Competition
The 2024 Crown’s A&S Championships will be held on March 2, 2024, in the Shire of Quintavia. This year, we will return to the in-person format used prior to the pandemic. However, there will be a remote/virtual option for those who are not able to attend the event due to health or other accessibility reasons.
If you have any concerns regarding your ability to participate please email the Kingdom MOAS, Mistress Amalie von Hohensee (email@example.com). We are committed to making this as accessible as possible and there will be a variety of options and accommodations available. See On Accessibility for more information.
French and other non-English documentation is welcomed. We can connect artisans with translators, and we may be able to arrange judging in alternate languages – please email our office as soon as you register if you will need any assistance or accommodations regarding language.
Those considering entering are advised that this is a high-level competition where the focus is on picking the kingdom arts and sciences champions. The judging is rigorous, and entrants are expected to be familiar with the kingdom A&S rubric, which will be used to assess entries. The duties of the champions include representing the Crown at events, participating in the Pennsic A&S War Point, and assisting the MoAS office in running next year’s Crown’s A&S.
If anyone is not able to make those commitments, does not wish to serve as champion, or does not enjoy competition, we highly encourage them instead to sign up to display at the event. Display entrants will be showcased along with competitors, and feedback will be available to those displaying if they so wish.
We are asking that entrants review all of the material on this website about the competition. However, a few pieces of information we wish to specifically highlight are listed below.
Registration Pages – NOW OPEN
- Competitor Registration – December 1st – February 3rd (for research papers and online entries), February 10th for all other entries (see Important Deadlines below)
- A&S Display Registration – December 1st – February 24th
- Judge Registration – December 1st – February 10th
- Competition Format
- What to Expect as a Competition Entrant
- Competition Documentation
- Scoring & Rubrics
- Research Paper/Project Entries
- Performing Arts Entries
- Assistance for Planning Your Entry
- Advanced registration is required for all competitors and display entrants – the deadline for Registration is February 10th by 11:59pm.
- Advanced submission of documentation will be required of competitors to allow judges time to thoroughly examine each submission. The deadline for documentation will be February 17th by 11:59pm. Competitors who have requested online accommodation for their entry must submit their materials by February 3rd by 11:59 pm.
- To help improve the judging experience, we will be scheduling rubric training sessions online. Individuals wishing to judge will be asked to attend one of these sessions if they have not judged at Crown’s A&S in the past few years. One-on-one sessions can also easily be arranged for those who can not not attend group sessions . Simply contact the Kingdom A&S minister.
- While there will be challenges, we will be accepting brewing, cooking, and performance entries. We have special liaisons for those fields to assist the artisans and judges with questions about adapting to this hybrid format.
- Research paper and online entry submission deadline: February 3 by 11:59 pm
- Competition and judging registration deadline: February 10 by 11:59 pm
- Documentation submission deadline: February 17 by 11:59 pm
- Display registration deadline: February 24 by 11:59 pm
If you have questions about the competition format, display, judging, or if you would like assistance preparing for the competition, please contact the Kingdom MOAS, Mistress Amalie von Hohensee (firstname.lastname@example.org)